Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scrabble en français

C'est ma première fois. Donc j'ai mal à la tête.
Wow, what a lot of work playing Scrabble in another language. I asked my husband to play with me. He's been speaking French a lot longer than I have, although at this point I have studied it more.

Blow by blow:

I draw an A, so I play first.
My first word in alor (misspelled) for 12 points. He takes advantage of my bad spelling by playing sa and gets the points for my word and his for 8 points.
I slam him back with do (12 pts.) and he volleys a return of ange for 10 points.
I sneak up with extending his word out making it rangé for 6 pts. He extends that word to make it orange + nô for 9 pts. more.
I'm on top of that right away by adding an s to his word and spell out six for a total of  20 pts. He immediately takes advantage of the x and plays xi for 12 points.
I come back with aube. He jumps at playing his j for je.
I play zen. He plays tête.
I play bête, He plays tome.
I construct sic. He returns with bacs.
Feu for me. Paté for him.
Il for me. Vite for him.
We take a break, reeling from our efforts. I have my Larousse 2010 Poche de Dictionnaire. He has the Larousse French-English.  If these were guns they would be smoking and reloaded. After leading for a while I now have 117 points and he has 130. We are about half-way through the game. Will our marriage survive the stress if we finish the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment