Friday, January 6, 2012

"métro, boulot, dodo" Je les fais à ma façon.


I have somehow run into this expression in the past but I don't know where. Today I found it on Yabla.  Explanation: métro is obviously the Métro; boulot is another, informal word for work (le travaille) en anglaise I think we would use "job"; dodo is an informal (baby) word for sleep (le sommeil). So the expression means "subway, job, and sleep" or we would say "the daily grind." Maybe, as the Yabla article suggests, I have read this as graffiti in the Métro.



I have done the daily grind for quite a bit of my work life. But for me it was auto ou avion, boulot, sans sommeil. I worked as a sales representative for a long time and most of my days I was crossing time zones which really messed up my sleep. It would not be unusual in a week to go from Cleveland to Toronto to Chicago to Minneapolis or Fargo, North Dakota. The good old days??

No comments:

Post a Comment