Monday, January 16, 2012

Ratatouille : (hint) Not the cartoon character!

When the Disney movie, Ratatouille, came out our family was confused about the subject matter. Having made ratatouille often at home, none of us thought of a petite mouse. Apparently my daughter was the only child in her class that knew ratatouille was to eat, not something to watch with a bowl of buttered popcorn.

Ratatouille is a favorite vegetable stew that I like to make. It is a French recipe, now found in most cookbooks. The cast of characters: eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow and green bell peppers, onion, olive oil, fresh basil and thyme.
 
If I were going to the marché in France I would be shopping for une aubergine, quelques tomates rouges et mûres, deux poivrons : un rouge et un jaune, une courgette, un oignon, un peu de l'huile d'olive, de basilic frais et de thym frais.

My mouth waters for it. Elle est très appétissante. I must go cook in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment