Monday, January 2, 2012

New Orleans Jazz on New Year's Eve

Inside the Dakota: the food is good, too.
Driving on our way north to find snow to ski on we turned on Minnesota Public Radio. Of course, it being New Year's Eve there was special programming. They were broadcasting live from the Dakota Jazz Club in downtown Minneapolis. The Dakota brings in all the famous jazz artists throughout the year. NY Eve the program was all about jazz from New Orleans. That meant, bien sûr, the Cajun songs of New Orleans. What a wonderful way to travel.

We did find snow, in fact we drove through a storm to get to our hotel. A couple of inches was added to the ski base. On my way home I was mentally noting the vocabulary I should acquire before I get to Mont Tremblant, Quebec.

Today I have been e-mailing a bit in French. It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment