Tuesday, January 10, 2012

J'aim le SMART Board dans mes classes.

 I am still getting used to our classrooms which have been equipped with SMART Board (s). My first experience with this new teaching aid was in Paris at the Alliance Française. There, when it worked, it was fabulous but when it didn't work the whole class time was out of synch.
(See http://smarttech.com/smartboard for lots of details.)

SMART Board in use.

My 10-week Conversation Level 2 class at Alliance Française began today and our instructor used the new SMART Board.  All of my time at AF up to this point I have been wanting to thoroughly clean the whiteboards (sometimes a labor intensive and difficult task). But I always forgot my spray bottle of Expo White Board cleaner at home. Isopropyl alcohol does a fine job but leaves one a little heady.

The SMART Board offers lots of bells and whistles for education but possibly the best selling point is the interactivity it has with the Internet. There are lots of opportunities to use videos and websites.  Also, the markers never run out of ink and the board never needs cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment