Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jeux d'écriture : Histoire « boule de neige »

This is just an average sized snowball in Minnesota.
Voila! My French Writing class began tonight. Next week there is a 300 word essay due. (Imagine that, a writing course with homework assignments.) It's a good group of 6 people, all of whom have studied French a lot longer than I have. Tonight we participated in a writing "game".
 
Histoire « boule de neige » : chaque phrase doit être plus longue que la précédente d'un mot. The French idea of a game is not mine. For me, most word games and number games are more like torture. (I have no idea why I like Scrabble. It's an anomaly in my personality.)

Our intro to French writing was a packet of information on  ponctuation, captalisation, and other conseils pour ecriture. My good standards in English are fading rapidly anyway so I'm sure at the end of this series of classes I will be punctuating all my English in a French style. I type on a French Canadian keyboard anyway so it will be consistent with the keys in front of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment