Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ditzy = tête de linotte; A wise use of a dictionary.

Lately I've had a few instances of forgetfulness:

*I found a set of my keys that I had been looking for at the bottom of my laundry basket. Obviously I don't wash clothes often enough.
*I left a credit card at a restaurant and had to retrieve it. Thank goodness I bought the $138 top for $15 (with a different card) and realized the other card was missing.
*I went to a class tonight on French politics which does not start until next week. I was having a really good time reading the interesting parts of my new French-English dictionary until someone broke the news to me.

I looked up ditzy on WR. I like the tête de linotte translation best. And what does linotte mean? It means linnet. And what is linnet? Some bird in England of the finch variety. 
Making the links: ditzy = tête de linotte = airhead.

Ça marche, ne c'est pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment