Thursday, December 29, 2011

Will Tin Tin ever catch the villan?

We went to a movie today, Tin Tin in 3-D. I had mixed feelings about this because I did not do my research and I didn't read a Tin Tin comic before I went. As a result, it's impossible for me to make a judgement about whether the film portrayed the comic strip well, but I suspect that many of the inside jokes were injected into the film more than integrated. The special effects are great but gave me no down time to get into the next chase scene. The film ends with a clear statement that another film follows. Did I enjoy it? Yes, because it was new to me. No, because I get easily bored with action scene following action scene. The kids will love it.

My efforts in French: yabla.com (again).
I really enjoy picking out a 3 minute video and trying to understand it.
Today I chose one on mid-wives protesting work conditions and low pay on Avenue Montparnasse.  The interviewing reporter had a good time with the ladies as they attempted to progress down the street with a big banner. They joked that it is very difficult to be taken seriously as it's difficult to be a mean looking mid-wife. This video was pretty difficult to understand just because there is so much street noise from what looks like a thousand women marching. It's pretty amusing, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment