Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Alt Codes Are Not Sexy, But They Work

I type almost everything because my handwriting can be illegible even to me. "I type, therefore I am?"
Thank goodness for my Logitech K120 keyboard in French Canadian version. After acquiring this keyboard in Montréal on vacation a little over a year ago, the chore of using Alt codes to type French characters such as é or û became much less of a challenge in my daily use of French. However, after getting used to using the list of Alt codes, thereby memorizing many of them, I still use alt+0224 for typing à and alt+0231 for ç because it is just easier.

I found a discussion the other day about other ways to produce the character Å“. Personally, I think using Alt codes is an easier process than holding down about 4 keys at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment