Saturday, December 24, 2011

Music of Cœur de pirate aka Béatrice Martin and Carla Bruni

Indi Pop Singer Béatrice Martin
Excuse me Edith Piaf but I think you have become a stereotype for Francophones. Something different, please!

I just spent an hour listening to some French songs on the Internet. I need some different stuff to listen to while working on my irregular verbs... that is, different from my Christmas collection from last year. It can't be anything I want to dance to because then I wouldn't be focusing on my task at hand while listening. (I don't dance in public anymore, there is no place around here to dance if you are over 30.)
Carla Bruni, Singer 
I like the soft crooning of a lot of the recently successful ladies. Today I chose a Canadian singer, CÅ“ur de pirate aka Béatrice Martin. The album, just out, is also named CÅ“ur de pirate.  Oh yeah, Carla Bruni has a new album out as well that should be easy listening, Comme si de rien n'était.  Being a Kindle fan, I ordered them up on Amazon.com. But I found my music on a site, Squido, under genre Pop. http://www.squidoo.com/french-songs-and-french-videos

It's a good thing I know there will be Christmas money in my stocking tonight.


3 comments:

  1. Some great new French songs of 2011 on the latest (Jan 1) edition of the CBC Podcast "C'est la vie + Word of the week" (English language podcast about life in French speaking Canada).
    http://www.cbc.ca/cestlavie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je vous remercie. I will spend some time with your suggestion of the CBC site.

    ReplyDelete